Brothers Field Football Stands

Title:

Brothers Field Football Stands

Creator:

George H. Davis Studio

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Brothers Field was named for the Knapp Brothers, George of the Class of 1854 and Arthur who taught at the Academy in 1863. George provided the money to purchase the land for the fields. A hint of the grid can still be seen in the grass, but the object in the middle of the field is a mystery.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Grounds

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

George H. Davis Studio, "Brothers Field Football Stands," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16296, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16296 (accessed August 20, 2014).