Brothers Field Road to Victory


Brothers Field Road to Victory


George H. Davis Studio


Phillips Academy


Brothers Field was named for the Knapp Brothers, George of the Class of 1854 and Arthur who taught at the Academy in 1863. George provided the money to purchase the land for the fields. The fields actually had many access roads and this photograph shows cars coming and going either to the tennis courts or the football field.


Phillips Academy -- Grounds

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

George H. Davis Studio, "Brothers Field Road to Victory," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16297, (accessed October 10, 2015).