Burtt House Front Side


Burtt House Front Side




Burtt House built in the 1920's by Miss Mary Carter with the intention to rent out rooms to Academy students. Later on it was acquired by the Academy to use a dorm. In 1997 it was scheduled for demolition, but as of 2011 it remains at 26 Salem Street and still in use as a school residence. This photograph is taken from across Salem Street and shows the wear and tear of time to the house that initiated the plan.


Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

"Burtt House Front Side," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16299, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16299 (accessed November 24, 2015).