Burtt House Back Side

Title:

Burtt House Back Side

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1997

Description:

Burtt House built in the 1920's by Miss Mary Carter with the intention to rent out rooms to Academy students. Later on it was acquired by the Academy to use a dorm. In 1997 it was scheduled for demolition, but as of 2011 it remains at 26 Salem Street and still in use as a school residence. The siding is peeling badly but from age not water damage.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Burtt House Back Side," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16300, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16300 (accessed October 26, 2014).