Humphrey and Redington Streets, 1925


Humphrey and Redington Streets, 1925




Title provided by cataloger

146-160 Humphrey Street, Swampscott, MA, 01907

View of shops on Humphrey Street at the corner of Redlington Street from the opposite side of Humphrey Street. St. Clair's restaurant appears prominently on the corner and cars are parked along the street.;"Humphrey at the corner of Redington Street [approximately 1930] shows the variety of businesses to be found. At 146 Humphrey Street is Saint Clair's Restaurant (later the site of Eatons' Drug Store), which had branches in Hyannis and Boston. At number 154 was E.E. Gray's Grocery Store at number 156, the George L. Rabinowitz import business and at number 160, Young's Dry Goods. The next building contained Jeffers & Charles, Druggist to its right was Saint John's Church."--from Images of America : Swampscott, Turino and Mathias, 1996.;As of 2008, this Humphrey Street location is home to the DeWolfe Real Estate Office, among others.


Stores, retail -- Massachusetts -- Swampscott -- Pictorial works; Buildings -- Massachusetts -- Swampscott -- Pictorial works.

Swampscott (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.



Collection :

Swampscott Buildings

Tags :


Citation :

"Humphrey and Redington Streets, 1925," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #7858, (accessed November 26, 2015).