General Glover Farm and original outbuildings : 7

Title:

General Glover Farm and original outbuildings : 7

Date:

1910?

Description:

Title provided by cataloger; Date estimated

Salem Street and Paradise Road, Swampscott, MA, 01907

Shows the General Glover Farm and outbuildings from the rear. The farmhouse is on the right and a barn on the left, with a wooden fence visible around the buildings. (Duplicate of GG-5);This property became the Sunbeam Inn, which operated from the 1920's until 1955. In 1957 restauranteur Anthony Athanas opened the General Glover Restaurant on the site, which remained open until the late 1990's.

Subject:

General Glover Restaurant (Swampscott, Mass.); Sunbeam Inn (Swampscott, Mass.)

Farms -- Massachusetts -- Swampscott -- Pictorial works.

Swampscott (Massachusetts) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Identifier:

GG7

Collection :

Swampscott Buildings

Tags :

,

Citation :

"General Glover Farm and original outbuildings : 7," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #7897, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/7897 (accessed July 30, 2014).